High-efficiency propane home furnaces are becoming more and more popular in the U.S. because they deliver exceptional energy savings and comfort at an affordable cost. A residential high-efficiency furnace can provide excellent space heating for both small floor plans and large homes. They’re more efficient and safer than traditional natural-draft furnaces. Here are a few reasons your family should consider affordable, efficient, economical to operate, and environmentally-friendly, high-efficiency propane furnaces in your home. Continue reading “Building with Residential Propane Furnaces” »
It’s only the second week of December and already the East Coast has seen its first big storm of the season. The long-range weather forecast for the Northeast is calling for the coldest periods through mid-December, late January and late February. Predictions show the snowiest periods will be in late December and early February.
At ThompsonGas, our customers’ safety is our #1 priority. With winter in full swing, it’s important for all home propane users to take special precautions for a safe winter. Here are the top 5 tips all homeowners should consider for safe and effective propane use this season. Continue reading “Top 5 Wintertime Home Propane Tips” »
The weather outside is frightful, but inside the fire is so delightful. Homeowners across the country are cozying up to home propane fireplaces. Boasting comfort and ambiance, plus high-efficiency heating for the home, propane fireplaces offer true versatility to homeowners. Here are a few reasons your family should consider propane home heating this winter. Continue reading “Baby, It’s Warm Inside… with Propane Home Heating” »
What’s a Thanksgiving feast without a crispy, juicy turkey? This Thanksgiving, consider ditching your old turkey prep and opting for home propane instead. Your propane grill is a good choice for cooking a turkey because the heat can be controlled by shutting off one or more burners, keeping the turkey at a steady temperature via indirect heat. Similarly, using a propane-powered smoker or turkey fryer also deliver tasty alternatives. Channel your inner Top Chef and give one of these a try this Thanksgiving. Continue reading “Try a New Twist on Turkey with Propane Gas Service!” »
Heating your home’s water is the second-largest user of energy in your home, accounting for 14-25 percent of overall household energy consumption. We know you’re concerned about the planet, but we also know you need plenty of hot water. With a tankless propane home water heater, you don’t have to give up the things you want to help the environment. Here are five reasons choosing propane service to heat your water is the best choice for your home, wallet and the environment. Continue reading “5 Reasons to Choose Tankless Propane Home Water Heaters” »
Is propane safe to use in my home? What is propane gas made of? How can I recognize a leak in my home? Every day our home propane customers have questions about their equipment, propane tank, safety and delivery — and we’ve got the answers! Find the answers to commonly asked questions about propane below. Continue reading “Frequently Asked Questions about Propane Gas Service” »
Out of gas or need a repair? A ThompsonGas technician is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for emergency propane service and repair. If you think you have a leak, call ThompsonGas immediately at 1-800-768-6612 and follow these precautions carefully. Continue reading “24/7 Emergency Service by ThompsonGas” »
Tailgating and grilling — two national pastimes made even better by propane.
Summer may be over, but don’t stow away your grill just yet. With fall football in full swing, it’s time to move the BBQ from your backyard to the parking lot. Next time you support your favorite team, pack up the party and your portable grill, and give one of these easy tailgating recipes a try.
Swiss Cheeseburger Sliders
Recipe c/o Food Network
Serving Size: 8 sliders
Vegetable oil, for brushing and coating grill
1 pound ground chuck
1 tbsp. kosher salt
1 ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
2 thin slices Swiss cheese, cut into small squares to fit sliders
8 slider buns, halved and slightly grilled
SLIDER TOPPINGS (optional)
Crisp, cooked bacon
Chive sour cream
Guacamole (prepared and chilled before tailgating)
Mayonnaise and ketchup mixture (½ mayonnaise and ½ ketchup)
Grilled pineapple slices
Black bean salsa
Pico de gallo salsa
- Heat home propane grill to medium heat (350 degrees F), and rub grate with a towel dipped in vegetable oil.
- In a large bowl, mix together the meat, salt and pepper until well combined. Shape into 8 (¼-inch thick) patties. (Note: This should be done prior to tailgating and should be chilled until ready to grill). Brush patties with vegetable oil when ready to prepare.
- Cook the patties until browned on first side, about 1-2 minutes. Flip, top with cheese, close grill top and cook until cheese is melted and patty is cooked through, about 1-2 more minutes.
- Serve patties on slider buns with optional toppings.
Grilled Pineapple & Black Bean Salsa
Recipe c/o Grill Grrrl
Serving Size: 4 people
1 pineapple, sliced into large pieces for grilling
1 (8 oz.) can black beans, rinsed and drained
2 limes — one for in the salsa, one for presentation
¼ cup chopped cilantro
3 tbsp. chopped red onions
3 tbsp. chopped unsweetened coconut
1 tbsp. lime zest
Sea salt, to taste
- Prepare your residential propane grill for direct cooking on medium heat (350 degrees F). Coat grill grates with canola oil. Slice limes in half. Put pineapple slices, limes (citrus facing down) and jalapeno on grill. Grill for about 4-6 minutes.
- Combine black beans, onion, cilantro and coconut in mixing bowl. Once pineapple and jalapeno have cooled, chop pineapple into small pieces and add to bowl. Finely chop jalapeno, including seeds, and add to the mixture. Add juice of grilled lime as well. Zest your lime and add to mixture.
- Let the salsa chill in refrigerator at least an hour. Serve the dip with tortilla chips with second sliced limes as garnish.
Hot Quick Banana Boats
Recipe c/o Taste of Home
Serving Size: 4
4 large, unpeeled bananas
8 tsp. semisweet chocolate chips
8 tsp. trail mix
¼ cup miniature marshmallows
- Place each banana on a 12-inch square of foil. Crimp and shape foil around bananas so they sit flat.
- Cut each banana lengthwise about ½-inch deep, leaving ½ inch uncut at both ends. Gently pull each banana peel open, forming a pocket. Fill pockets with chocolate chips, trail mix and marshmallows.
- Grill bananas, covered, over medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until marshmallows are melted and golden brown. Serve in individual foil packet.
What’s your favorite tailgating grilling recipe? Share below or on our Facebook page.
Each year, the U.S. Department of Energy designates October as National Awareness Month. During this time, public agencies, utilities and other organizations shine light on the importance of conserving energy. From replacing our home’s old lighting to opting for ENERGY STAR appliances, a number of energy-efficient alternatives exist that increase your family’s comfort while saving energy and money.
At ThompsonGas, we’re 100% committed to promoting energy-efficient options today that lead to a cleaner, greener tomorrow. One of the best ways we promote energy efficiency is through our propane services. With National Energy Awareness Month in full swing, there’s never been a better time to learn about and consider switching to propane. Continue reading “October is National Energy Awareness Month” »
The National Propane Service Providers Invite Visitors to Explore Their New Website and Upgraded Customer Access Features.
Hagerstown, MD — Sept. 30, 2013 — ThompsonGas, a commercial and residential propane provider servicing 10 states across the country, just announced the launch of a new website at www.thompsongas.com. The website features a new responsive web design with easier functioning navigation than the previous site. Designed and developed in collaboration with Maryland marketing firm Power Marketing, the new website maintains the same maturity of the ThompsonGas brand with a fresher look and feel. Continue reading “ThompsonGas Launches New Website” »